Monday, February 25, 2013

Dieting With Men In Your Life

You want to know why married women are fat?  Especially if they are Stay At Home Moms?  Because they have husbands and sons.  The great universal unfairness of the universe, or U-cube, is: men don't gain weight the same way women do.  As a matter of fact they can eat ALL day and still wear the same size they did in college.  Another U-cube, is men SNACK!  A LOT!  My men are no different.  It doesn't matter how long I have spent in the kitchen, and how great of a meal I meticulously place in front of them, and no matter how much they eat of said meal, they will inevitably want snacks less than 2 hours later.  This means I have to either, keep snacks on hand, or cook another meal or dessert 2 hours later.  It's like I'm living with fucking Hobbits who have to have 2nd dinner.

I don't understand this habit.  There was no snacking in my family.  You either ate leftovers from the previous meal or made yourself a sandwich if you absolutely couldn't hold out to the next meal.  We never had chips or cookies laying around.  Someone may make a dessert on a Sunday, but when it was gone it was gone.  Too bad, so sad.  My husband's family on the other hand, eats about 12 full meals in snacks alone.  I've seen my father-in-law down a full meal to the point I thought he would literally explode, and then start rifling around in cabinets a half hour later looking for a snack.  My husband, has done the same thing.  Oddly enough, my family is the fatties.  Even tonight he is asking me if we have this or that, specifically the ingredients for brownies, in the house.  Even though he will protest that he doesn't want me to go to any trouble, we've been married long enough he "knows" I won't let it drop because I have some really sadistic, misguided guilt to make sure he is gastronomically satisfied.  This guilt is wearing me out and making me crazy.  Logically, I should know it is not my place or responsibility to jump at his every want and desire, especially his desire for after dinner snacks when he is the one with diabetes, but it still bugs the shit out of me.  I'm working on it.  I just feel as if I am tied to the kitchen sometimes, and nothing is ever enough.  I could spend all day laying out a virtual buffet and he would still say, "hey, do we have the stuff to make.....?" But it's my issue I know.  I try not to take it out on him, but for the love of God, eat a second helping and let me close the fucking kitchen once in a while.  Or get fat!  Shit!

1 comment:

  1. lmfao! Oh my gosh I know exactly what you mean here my boyfriend is the exact same way. :)
    Thinforme

    ReplyDelete