Sunday, February 24, 2013

Just Another Fat Chick Blogging About Weight Loss

Well, the title says it all.  I am just another fat chick, blogging about my weight loss efforts.  But I wasn't always this way.  No, there was a time when I lived to exercise.  I woke up early every day and headed out to the gym or the track and didn't stop until I was suitably worked out!  If I gained a couple of pounds, I stepped up my work out or watched my diet until I got back to my magic number.  I wore my health and fitness like a badge of honor in an unhealthy family.  That was my role, I was the "health nut" that got fit out of high school and kept it up for well over 10 years.  I was on the train to "not going to let my hereditary diabetes and heart disease catch up to me ever-ville".  Then, my train got off track.

I don't think people know when their train goes off track.  I don't think it's a big loud crash and crushing of steel that no one could miss.  Rather, I think it's a little bump here and a nudge there.  I think it's a extra serving of desert with friends, a few too many dinners out, a few too many well meaning aunts urging you to "try a little of this".  I think it's a few "too busy to work out" days, until you finally just pull the train into the depot and say "I'll finish later".  Sure, I've cranked the train up a couple of times since then, but never really got it back on track.

Well now it's later.  I can't turn back this time, I have to see it through or I'm going to be facing all those things I worked so hard to avoid before.  I know I can do it, because I did it before.  True, my body is older and it's not going to respond as quickly as before, but it can be done.  If you choose to follow this blog, I'm going to warn you ahead of time: I am a smart ass, I don't pull punches, and there will more than likely be cussing.  Consider yourself warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment